Under the title for this blog, I claim to be someone with too many hobbies. I haven’t actually put down in this blog what those hobbies are.
So here is my current list of hobbies:
- Activities for my children. This includes art projects, sports classes, day trips, and outdoor activities. This counts as a hobby for me because it requires research and planning. I enjoy preparing activities for my kids to enjoy.
- My garden. I used to think gardening was just a summer time hobby but it is a year round activity which I plan to discuss more in the blog.
- Working out. I love working out but these days with kids and working full time- it takes more planning to get in a workout. I have a Peloton which is how I do all my workouts. I plan to write about Peloton but the bottom line is I am a big fan. You need to put in the effort to make your own routine and incorporate different workouts besides just cycling. I try to set monthly work out goals for myself to help diversify my workouts.
- Crafting. I try to craft. I’ve had a lot of failures but I am always working on a new craft project.
- Meal prep. I am going to consider this a hobby because I do it every single week and I actually enjoy it. Thinking about it now, I have been prepping lunch and dinner for myself and now for my family for over 10 years.
- Reading. I try to always have a book (or audio book) on my phone or kindle to read. It may take me a month (or two) to read but it is what it is when you’re a working mom.
- Learning about finances. I have several blogs I follow on early retirement and a few podcasts I listen to regarding finances. There is always something new to learn about managing money, investing and tips to save money.
- This blog. I didn’t have enough hobbies, so I thought I would add a blog. Getting a chance to make content, and not just view it, has been a lot of fun.